After an Arvigo®, what to do and what to expect…
Arvigo® sessions are powerful though the work itself is gentle. This therapy form works on many levels
(including the subtle life-force level) but mostly it works by aiding the body back into balance. Blood, lymph,
nerves, and life force energy (in the form of meridians) are all brought into harmony and often to areas that had
long standing restrictions, as is the case with any displaced uteri. Think about how your arm or leg feels after
you have slept on it wrong and then take off the pressure. It is no different inside the body and so for some
people your world can feel really different and there might be a short awkward period as parts of your body that
were asleep or restricted are waking up due to the increased blood and nerve flow. Though most people feel
dreamy and other worldly after a session with increased energy and vitality, others may experience a short time
of extra cramping or muscles contractions in the back or belly or a need to sleep more for the first 24 hours after
a session. Most people do have some sort of extra discharge, including during their next period. If this happens,
this is very normal and a good sign the body is taking care of itself and cleaning house where it previously didn't
have much access.
When you finally got off that asleep arm or leg, remember how it felt weird for a few minutes, maybe you
couldn't even move it properly as it felt like pins and needles as the blood comes rushing back in. Only in the
case of a displaced uterus or some other abdominal organ, it might have been in a funny place for months, years
or decades! Some adjustment period of time is to be expected and celebrated. Don't worry, most of what is
stirred up settles in minutes or in less than 24hours or after a few menstrual cycles (in the case of extra
discharge). In some more extreme cases (and these are very rare) symptoms may go on for about 72 hrs after a
session. If any of these symptoms happen, rest drink lots of good quality water and stay warm. Do gentle
stretching and exercises, like walking and yoga and be generally very good to yourself by eating well and staying
in a positive and supportive environment. This work is opening so it is good to watch what and who we
surround ourself with and where we put ourselves.
Actually, after any session, it is generally best to drink lot’s of clean water and take it easy just for the rest of the
day if possible. After an Arvigo® session is not the time to go out dancing or do a big house shift on the same
day. You will be fine to resume normal life the next day. Here is a list of most of the possible side effects. If in
doubt do reach out.
- Deep relaxation
- Improved sleep and a greater sense of well being
- A sense of release, newfound joy, or optimism
- A greater sense of freedom and balance in the body
- An increase of energy
- Heightened sense of connection and awareness
- Tiredness-you may need to sleep more right after a session
- Discharges either from the vagina or penis and you may have discharge for a few days.
- Extra thirst - this is the body clearing stagnations and toxins
- Menstrual shifts- cycle may come early or late and this is normal especially after a first session.
- Menstrual cycle will jump start or reset for those that have been missing their cycle or having them too close or too far apart.
- Sometimes Menstruation becomes more painful before it becomes less painful - it takes about 3 months of diligent self-care (taught in each session) for the body to right itself for more extreme cases such as those with extreme menstrual pain. For other individuals things are sorted or greatly noticeable improved with one session. I can not predict which kind of healing journey you will have. I only know that doing the self-care diligently is most important for long lasting effects and making permanent change.
- Nausea - A sure sign toxins were released
- Increased urination and/or bowel motions-a good sign those toxins are moving out and the nerves that regulate elimination are working better.
- Some tenderness in the belly or around the low back - again we are shifting old patterns and the body is adjusting. If you are sore, the soreness goes in about 1-3 days. And remember if you have a very sensitive body, let me know ahead of time and we will go extra light, but usually I will see or feel that is what your body is needing during a session but communication is always welcome and encouraged.
- There can be emotional release during or after a session ranging from any thing from joy, bliss, rage or tears. There is no need to know where or from what these emotions are from. If this happens for you, just let those emotions pass like a train going by. As Dr. Rosita herself would say, “The train doesn’t stop. No one gets off and no one gets on”. It’s best to feel the emotions and let them pass and congratulate yourself as now those feelings are no longer lodged in your tissues!
- Parts of the body seize up (this is rare-I’ve only had this happen once in seeing several hundred people) - this is very much like that asleep arm or leg experience from sleeping on a body part wrong, only in this case, for most people that circulation has been compromised for years or decades, not just a night of sleep or a few minutes of sitting wrong.
- Heightened dreams-after a session is a good time to pay attention to your dreams.
Remember, the above is all part of the healing process range. If in doubt and/or pain persists do stop all self care
and seek additional medical advice immediately. Do feel free to reach out to me.
Below are recommendations for right after a session and also suggestions for what to do if some of the more
intense experiences take place.
1. Stay hydrated: Water will cleanse the body of impurities that have been released from the session. It’s
important to drink high quality water (e.g. Petone water if you live in the Wellington area) or filtered water.
Other hydrating liquids include bone stock, vegetable stock, and herbal teas (non-caffinated as caffeinated
beverages just increase dehydration).
2. Increase your sleep, even schedule naps. Sleep is your body’s more reparative and restorative phase of the
day. The best sleep occurs between 10pm-midnight, so it’s important not to stay up late after your session and
the next few days following your session. The reason is that the most amount of deep sleep and growth
hormone is released in that first phase of sleep at night. However that first day of sleep, the day of your session
is most important for greatest benefit. Simple ideas to improve sleep include, shut off all wifi at night, turn your
smart phone to airplane mode (do not keep it on at night while it’s next to your head), use earplugs, and eye
mask, and avoid overstimulating screen activities.
Here is a link to a great article on how to nap properly: http://tenpointwellness.com/how-to-nap-and-not-
3. Avoid strenuous activity, especially heavy lifting: Avoid straining your pelvic area and uterus with heavy lifting,
especially as this area is recalibrating its biomechanics from the work done during the session. If you have older
children accustomed to being picked up by you, explain to them your body is healing and that you can cuddle
with them on the sofa or bed just not pick them up the rest of that day.
4. Walking is great. Gentle movement is a good idea, especially walking and light yoga.
5. Practice and cultivate self-love and compassion: like most people you’ve probably lived through a lot and
often so if you find yourself on my table. Be patient and loving with your self and your process. Self-love and
gratitude for the body is your best ally. Remember your body is always on your side and when you have pains
it’s simply doing the best it can to sort you out or trying to give you a message something isn’t quite right.
How to deal with muscular pain (if they happen or as prevention):
1. Take epsom salt baths: The magnesium sulfate will relax the muscles and reduce pain, as well as soften the
skin and aid with sleep. Go to www.epsomsalt.co.nz to get the cleanest epsom salts I’m aware of available in
NZ. This website has a lot of great information on epsom salt. All you will need is about 1/2 cup / bath.
To order, go to: http://epsomsalt.co.nz/index.php/products-page/: I’d recommend starting with the 1 kg or 5
kg bag so you can take more than one bath.
2. Topical magnesium: Topical magnesium is a really fast and convenient way to absorb magnesium through the
skin. You will actually absorb more magnesium through your skin than you will be ingesting in. You can order
this through (insert magnesium)
3. Do a castor pack over the sore area (as long as not on your period)
4. Apply Topical magnesium to the area
5. Eat light (salad, juices, bone stock/soup, more vegetables).
6. Ground your feet on the bare Earth- if warm outside to facilitate the bodies recalibration.
7. Send loving thoughts to your body and thank it for doing its job. The body is always on your side and if there
is pain it's a message for you. Sometimes the body is having a hard time doing it's job and we get pain.
If you have an Emotional response, which may be experienced as physical
pain, here are some suggestions on what you can do to support yourself....
*Castor over liver and sacrum
*Castor over sacrum
*Castor over the area that is sore.
*Stop doing Self Care until the emotions have passed
*Spiritual bathing - there will be a separate post on this coming soon!
* Bone stock with root vegetables to ‘ground’. *If vegetarian, do seaweed or mushroom broths
*Seek counseling during this time if you feel overwhelmed. Often strong emotions that turn up during or after a a session were deeply embedded past events that were stored in the tissue for a later time of processing, a later time that is now safe to release. Sometimes, strong emotions are best dealt with with a loving professional.
All the above can be part of the normal healing range. Congratulate your self on moving forward in your healing process. However, if still in doubt and/or if the pain persists or is extreme then stop and seek medical attention immediately.