How to Prepare for and What to Expect for a treatment
Make sure you’ve gone through the safety of this procedure. Let your clinician know if you have an IUD/Merine or other implanted contraception device that can not be removed. If you have an implanted contraception device of any kind in or around the uterus (including ovaries) be aware I can not do any direct work over your uterus. I'll have to work around your uterus via over the hips and upper belly, which does have an indirect impact on the uterus.
2. If you’ve had a hernia of any kind, I will need to know where those hernia’s were and how they were repaired. Do you have mesh? Do you know what was done during surgery for repair of your hernia? Do you know where your surgery was performed? I need you to know for me for safety as Arvigo® work is contraindicative for work done over a mesh because this work is about freeing tissue and mesh is about binding up tissues. We would not want to dislodge the mesh!!
Having mesh doesn’t mean I can’t do the work on you (this is why I need to know where and how big) but it does change what I can do. I can still do all the back work if you have mesh so this work is still appropriate for low back pain and low back and tail bone injuries.
3. Are you on your period? It’s best to do this work while you are not on your period as I have to shift how I do the work if you are on your period. This effects 25% of the session same as with any contraception device such as Merina. However, all upper belly and back work can be done as normal so feel free to book in during your period for low back pain or upper belly, diaphragm related pain. Just let me know you are bleeding.
4. Do you have any active infections like UTI, thrush? Ff you are coming to see me for digestive issues is your irritable bowel or chrones acting up? If you answered yes to any of these questions it would be good to make sure your belly and pelvis are settled down and in a good space before booking a session. This work ‘stirs’ things up and it’s best to wait until things are settled before proceeding forward for both your comfort and mine.
5. Do you have a sling implanted? This is sometimes use for some cases of prolapse. You will need to talk with me personally to find out if I can help you with your personal concerns in regards to your body and a sling.
6. If you have a pessary for prolapse, please remove it before the treatment session
7. Even women who’ve had a hysterectomy benefit from this work.
8. Please remove belly button jewelry if possible.
Ok, so once you have cleared the check list and concerns above, here is what you can do to prepare for a session.
*Bring lot’s of high quality drinking water.
*Come having had a light snack. It’s ok if you’ve had a small meal. I just wouldn’t suggest any big meals before
coming in as I work directly over the stomach. The sessions are also long, so it's no fun being hungry either...
*Empty your bladder and make sure you are not holding a bowel motion if you need to do one. I’ll also be right over your bladder and your colon.
*Bring shoes and or socks. We want to keep your feet warm after a session. No walking on cold tile floors or (winter ground out site in bare feet please!)
*Bring a shawl or scarf to wrap around your waist if you will be in a windy and/or cold area after. It’s good to make sure your body doesn’t get cold after, especially hips, belly, feet and back of neck.
*Plan as light a day as possible for after your session. No parties, crazy dancing or moving heavy objects. Gentle walking and yoga or spending quite time in nature or in contemplation are wonderful to do after a session.
And that’s it!
The work is done either over your belly and back, while your hips are kept covered the whole time. Everything is external and involves a belly massage from the top of your pubic bone to the bottom or your ribs. We then go over Self-Care and then you will flip over where I work the middle and low back along with the sacrum, hips, and tail bone. Some gluteal (butt) work is done over sheets to help balance out the sacrum work and there are a few gentle leg pulls and shakes so please let me know if any leg issues so I can modify the techniques to suite your needs.
If for religious, personal or other reasons, I can also do all the techniques over a sheet and avoid touching the bare skin of the belly and back. Just let me know what your needs are.
A typical session lasts about 1.5. Plan for two hours. These are very thorough and meticulous sessions and b/c of the intense nature of this work, I can only see a few people a day in order to offer the best quality of care.
This work is unique and works the belly, sacrum and tail bone like nothing else out there. This work also greatly benefits men as we all have a belly and hips. Come try a session for yourself, even if you have no issues. This work is wonderful even if you are healthy!